ST. GEORGE MARATHON
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7th, 2017
Registration // Policies & Procedures
Registration for the 2017 St. George Marathon will open on April 1 and remain open until we have reached our cap of 7800 runners. For complete details about the Marathon, please refer to our Runner's Guide.
Q: I missed the registration deadline, is there any other way I can still join you for the 41st ANNIVERSARY celebration?
A: You have the option to contact our Official Marathon Charities, they may still have a few guaranteed entries available. Another option is to visit our STG on the RUN page for a list of races in Utah that have been awarded an entry to the St. George Marathon to be given out at their event.
Q: I noticed that some of my chip times from past years were missing when I registered online.
A: Send an email to email@example.com letting us know which years are missing, so we can verify and update our system.
St. George Marathon staff encourage all runners to read the Registration Policies and Procedures before registering. There will be no refunds, transfers or deferrals issued under any circumstances.
Continue to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for 2017 updates and promotions!
The 2017 St. George Marathon entry cap is 7800 runners. Please read carefully: Due to the retirement of the St. George Marathon lottery our registration options have changed dramatically.
Opens on April 1, 2017, 9:00 am MDT and and remain open until June 30, 2017 or until we have reached our cap of 7800 runners.
Registration Fee: $90 plus a $5 processing fee is added to all online, and mail-in registrations.
Online Registration and printable entry forms will be available here, April 1st. If you are unable to register online or download an entry form, we will e-mail you an entry form.
Consistent with the marathon running industry standard all entry fees are NON-refundable and cannot be deferred toward a future event. Bib numbers are NON-transferable. The selling and/or giving away of a St. George Marathon bib number is not allowed and will result in disqualification of both the original bib owner and the runner using the bib number. Both runners will be prohibited from participation in the St George Marathon for a minimum of two years.
- Marathon Lottery
Does not apply in 2017. Registration is first-come-first-serve.
- Washington County, Utah runners -
Residents of Washington County will no longer receive guaranteed entry status. All runners including Washington County residents will be required to complete online registration before our cap of 7800 runners has been reached or by June 30, 2017 whichever comes first. If you miss the registration process the option to register through one of our Official Marathon Charities will be available to you.
- 10 Year Club members - Over 1300 runners have become members of this prestigious club by running in 10 or more St. George Marathons.
10 Year club members you will still receive a guaranteed entry into the St. George Marathon as long as you complete your online registration by June 30, 2017 regardless of the cap of 7800 runners being reached prior to that date. You will still enter with a discounted price depending on the number of years you have completed the St. George Marathon. If you miss the registration process deadline the option to register through one of our Official Marathon Charities will be available to you.
- Cancellation Policy: There will be NO REFUNDS for cancellations and NO TRANSFERS. This policy will take IMMEDIATYE effect upon the completion of your 2017 registration.
- STG on the Run - Each year, the St. George Marathon donates one free entry to 30 races throughout Utah. Each race has the freedom to award the entry as they choose. Participate in our STG on the RUN program and win a spot from our 30 participating smaller races.
- Official Marathon Charity program - Official Marathon Charities are allocated a certain number of entries to accomplish their purposes. Marathon runners who did not register before our cap was reached or by the deadline of June 30, 2017 can donate funds to one of the charities and be eligible to receive a guaranteed entry in to the 2016 St. George Marathon (you will still need to pay the $90 registration fee). Please contact your charity of choice directly for donation fees and further details.
- St. George Marathon Runner Series - For non-Washington County residents only. The Marathon Committee has named nine (9) races in Washington County as part of the Runner Series. The first 900 runners who register on the website for the Runners Series must participate in two (2) of the nine (9) races, one MUST be a City of St George sponsored event, to be eligible for a guaranteed Marathon entry. Series registration opens at 9:00 a.m. on the first Monday in October each year, following the Marathon. Registration for the 2016-2017 St George Runner Series will open Monday October 3rd 2016 at 9:00 a.m.
- Group Registration - Group registration no longer applies. All runners must register online before our cap of 7800 runners is reached or by the deadline of June 30, 2017 whichever comes first.
Once we have reached our cap of 7800 and registration closes a list of all registered runners will be posted on the website for verification. At this time if your name does not appear on the list please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of registration and payment.